My community my love

Do you think youths nowadays contribute enough to the society? For myself i frequently have the feel and want to volunteer and do something but never actually get down to do it. I registered with M.e.n.d.a.k.i after my o levels and only volunteer once only to fulfill part of my Character Development module where we had to clock in a certain amount of hours. Do most of us do it just for the mere sake of clocking in the hours?

I guess if you look at it from a different perspective, joining organization or clubs in tertiary instituition can also be considered as voluntary services. We organize camp, workshops, events and many others for the sake of the intended student target, and that to me is also doing something for the community, all this is done without pay and if you ask me why i did it because i want to give something back. Alongside that we also gain experiences of working in groups, do things we never do before e.g: plan for meals, how many to order, call up people for confirmation and so on. It also helps to channel our free time into doing something useful, don't you think so?

My only wish is that once we all start to work, we should at the minimal, contribute back in monetary form especially to M.e.n.d.a.k.i, L.B.K.M and such who have provided us with monetary asistance during our period of studies. So that they in turn will be able to help students in need and help them to attain a better future.

Let's take the first step by studying hard and smart and doing our best in anything that we do.

Comments

Popular Posts