My first day

I've been itchy, my fingers were waiting to get my hands on the laptop since i step back home just now, but it was noon and the heat was getting into me, furthermore i had tuition in the evening and another at night. So now is my chance.

My first day of school didn't turn out too bad nor too great either. It was fun and normal, except that the environment is new, new faces, new lecturers, new adaptation. That's what it's all about adapting i guess.

And so this morning i actually plan to leave house at 750am but finally step out at 8am, on my journey i was like "it's been a long time since i walk together with this crowd in the morning, the morning rush that is". Was worried i might be late, and so i board the first train that arrives. In the train my brain was having a debate between what was expected and what was really gona happen, to calm myself down before i get too excited i sms two people and only one replied. That person entertained me only halfway and i was left stranded smiling away. So the brain continued this debate wether i was gona be late. Finally i met up with an SP junior upon nearing Tiong Bahru and we chatted for a while. Kind of take things of my mind for a little while. 8.50am location Queenstown, gosh i was late, but lucky enough as i exit the MRt i saw this bunch of M-D-I-S students queing up for something and a few moments later the shuttle arrive, save some walking time, i wasn't aware of any shuttle services. 8.55am arrive and entered school, walk quickly to class. It was already half-filled. The only big surprise i got today is that my class is 90% f-o-r-e-i-g-n, so you can hear all the different languages being spoken mainly from the s-e-a region.[p/s: Doore any tips for me on this issue?]

Only manage to make one new friend today, there wasnt any formal introduction and some students were from the dip prog, so i guess they already have their own clique. I hope to make many more friends in days to come or i can just be a loner. I wonder if i'll ever be able to be lonely, i mean like go thru studying and stuff all alone. Since young i've always enjoyed the company of friends, so wel'll wait and see.

The first lecture for the term kick-off well B-u-s-i-n-e-s-s I-n-f-o-r-m-a-t-i-o-n S-y-s-t-e-m. I have to revise a little more and read up a lot more as the class is competitive and i dont have any business background. So have to start the ball rolling and stay on my toes at all times. Looking forward to the introduction of the other two modules, hoep i have a wonderful lecturer like today with a favourite line "Get the idea?"

My worries for my tutees is taking up space in my brain, i have this primary 5 kido which cant even differentiate between a division and multiplication. I want to help, but i dunoe how, i've lost count, i need inspiration to help my sutdents and the other hate maths, how do i make him more interested? or how do i make maths interesting to him, the first one i think need to start back on basics. He was telling me that his parents scold him saying that he's only good at soccer but not at his studies, then he told me that he feel sad after he gets scolded and as a result he purposely play badly during his soccer training which in turn causes his coach to scold him and then he feels extremely sad. It's a counter effect thing and when he feels very sad he feels very stupid to put it blantly. I need to help them, gona crack my brain and see what i can do about it, hopefully the net have some good suggestions.

Granddad is in my prayers at all times and Azzie i see u soon, come quick

Comments

Popular Posts