Still far away


I am not back yet, will be arriving safely home by Saturday insya-Allah. Caught way too many movies over the holidays and can't believe that Marley and Me touch me the most. Yesterday we went to watch Bounty Hunter at Ibn Battuta Mall but somehow i could figure out the story line just 15 minutes into the movie.

Life's been great other than still worrying and constantly searching for the job, immediate plans as soon as i am back will be tuition resume and doing some relief teaching to cover the holiday expenses. Allahu musta'an, and to Him we turn to always.

Had my first ever Ski lesson today and it was great + tiring. Did my lessons at Ski Dubai located in Mall of Emirates. Sadly some of their staff really underperform today with sulky faces, i could just smack them there and then, even when i ask nicely and use the magic words like 'please' and 'thank you'. Luckily three of them made my day, ok make that four.

My first instructor his name starts with an A, was nice and patient with me, not the funny kind but friendly. The second instructor is one i have been raving about in my facebook, his name is Muneer, he's from Morocco, speaks English and another language from one of the Europe country and oh-so Hot!. I think maybe coz i was a Muslim girl so he wasn't you know interacting much with me. He chatted with some European chicks and it made me scream inside, coz he was suppose to be teaching me, Helo!! However nearing the end of the lesson then only he started asking questions and he was ohh so friendly i can *melt* into the ice. He ask me if i was a teacher(do i have teacher stamp on my forehead?) way no though everyone keeps having the same thoughts. When i told him i was looking for work still, he said Insya-Allah you will get a job and i was just so thankful at the moment. I wish i could take a picture of him but i was skiing alone so no camera with me :p. In the last 20 minutes i got really tired and after my bad fall my knee hurts, so he just pull me around, so that i can slide in my skies. Then he started teasing me with the word lazy. He encourage me a little more to practice on my own after he left and i did and today i officially achieve 3 small but smooth turns, gracefully.

The other 2 staff who made my day was the Pinoy guy who just finish his shift and talk to me nicely saying that i am a pro and such when i told him today is my first day skiing and he replied by saying "I dont even know how to put on the ski boots". The other is the guy from the Kodak counter, he was one really serving with a heart.

Customer service is so important and people on the frontline must at all times serve with a heart. another service provider who was so GREAT in doing his job was this Indian i met at Cinnabon Cafe. He wasn't sure how to address me so he called me Madam Ski Dubai(i was carrying two bags of ski Dubai items) but he was good with some light humor. He wants a job in Singapore but he wasn't being pushy when asking for help. I wish i could help him, but i am in the same boat too. If any of you ever read this i am sorry i didn't catch some of your names but you guys really made my day.

(Ignite my thirst to read more Customer Service books/information)

If i ever get a job here, i am so gona throw my money at going for Ski lessons. Even though at times i was thinking, am i out of my mind being here? Isn't it easier just to watch somebody ski.

Comments

Popular Posts